Featured Post

Here is how we can make a difference!

I went to a conference where virtually every public and community health agency in the area where I live was represented. There is a change...

Recovery CAN be successful!


YES it can work!
But I have often heard these statements:
"i can't"
"I've been doing this for x years, I can't stop...recovery won't work for someone like me...it's my life".
Yes you can!
But don't expect it to happen in 1 day or 5 days. Patience is NOT a virtue of any type of addict!

**So you must PUT IT INTO PERSPECTIVE:
It took ____yrs to become addicted to opiates. It didn't happen overnight. So it will take a little time for recovery. Like something that has been out in the rain for years and has lots of rust....it takes more time to get all that rust off. But if you don't START cleaning it, it will never get clean! So, think about it, and decide what it is you want to do. Everything is a choice that YOU make. Start cleaning or let it rust some more

No comments:

Post a Comment

post a comment